Here are the 10 Reasons I need to re-read Moby Dick:
- One should probably do this at least once every three years, just as a general practice.
- I love this novel so much I painted a mural on my door, as discussed in this previous post.
- My tattoo of the future (I’ve been wafting on this for years) is inspired by Moby Dick, and I need some ideas for completing the design. I know that I am not the only one to want a Moby Dick tattoo- I have found a lot of them, some of which are on my Pinterest.
- I would like to revamp an old paper I wrote about the novel and send it off to a scholarly journal.
- I miss it.
- I want to paint another mural.
- I want to read it again after having a Masters and see how that changes my reading.
- It can be reviewed, lovingly, on the blog in one or multiple posts, thus contributing to the book reviews requested in one of my previous polls.
- I will probably be using it for tutoring soon- one of my students has shown an interest in reading it, which of course makes me very happy.
- There is really not a good reason I can come up with not to re-read it 🙂
I also found this really interesting blog of an artist who seems also very obsessed with Moby Dick, and makes artwork based on every page of the novel.
What do you think of Moby Dick? How many times have you read it, if any? If you have not read it, why not?